Grilla Alpha Connect Features
New Wireless Alpha Connect Control Board
The Grilla Alpha Connect offers you more control than ever before, wherever you go with it’s new WiFi enabled control board!
- Start or stop your grill from anywhere you have a wireless connection
- Monitor temperatures, set probe and grill temperature alarms
- Utilize our new TempTamer technology
- Get troubleshooting help for when your grill has a hiccup
If you’ve used a Grilla before, you know it has our exclusive Pro Smoke mode, as well as a PID option. We made sure to build both of those right into the new controller so you still get the same performance you’ve grown to love. Our Pro mode maximize smoke throughout your cook by slightly increasing the temperature variance of the grill. While the PID mode lets you stick closely to your desired temperature.
Form and Function
The Grilla’s unique shape isn’t just for looks. The round shape eliminates hot and cold corners while the swinging lid allows you to keep heat in when you check on your food. On top of that, it’s also a lot easier to use than other grill lids as you can leave it partially open with zero effort, letting you work with both hands.
The Grilla Alpha Connect lets you adjust temperatures between 180 and 500 degrees. The digital control panel and included meat probe let you monitor the temperature of your meat as well as your grill, from the control board or your connected phone. On top of all these features, the burnpot, grill grates and heat deflector are all built to last, made of durable stainless steel.
Wood Pellet Heating Technology
- Alpha Connect WiFi Controller
- Set’ n Forget Digital Control System
- Backlit Easy Read Control Board
- 180°F to 500°F in 5-degree increments
- Set & Monitor Timers
- Full Wireless Control and Troubleshooting Help through Application
- Indirect Cooking
- Full stainless steel grates
- Convection-style cooking
- No flare-ups
- Automatic Fire Tending by the advanced control board
- Included meat probe connected to control board for easy monitoring
- Stainless steel firepot
- Double Wall Insulation
- Industry Exclusive TempTamer Feature
- Diminishes effect on grill temperature when opening the lid.
- Swing Lid keeps heat in when checking food
- Can be left partially open as necessary, without propping open
- No more heavy lids to lift with one hand
- Round EvenTemp Chamber eliminates hot/cold corners on the grill
The Grilla Alpha Connect’s Interior
The Grilla’s interior gives you the ability to cook for a crowd or for yourself. The upper grate pops out allowing you room for whole chickens, turkeys and roasts. The fire area is insulated, and the grates are made from ¼-inch stainless steel rod. Here’s how the interior measures up:
- Main Cooking Area: 21=346″
- Upper Cooking Area: 142″
- Total Square Inches of Cooking Space: 488″
- Removable upper grate ideal for large barbecues
- Double Wall insulated fire area
- Grates made from ¼-inch stainless steel rod
The Grilla’s exterior offers as much style as it does functionality and durability. The front pivot wheel has a foot lever that makes moving your Alpha a breeze. The exterior is powder coated for a long-lasting finish that can stand up to the elements as well as high heat. The Grilla Alpha Connect won’t run into problems with too high of heat however, as the automatic shutdown feature kicks in if the grill exceeds 615°F or falls below 110°F. If your phone is connected to the grill, you’ll also receive a notification. Additional high-end features include a healthy 20-lb. hopper capacity and a grease catch that holds standard cans.
- Front pivot wheel with foot lever for easy moving
- High-temperature and powder coated for a long-lasting finish
- 20-lb. hopper capacity
- Grease catch holds standard cans
The Grilla Alpha Connect is so much more than the cheap grills you’ll find at your average big box store. The construction is rock-solid, made with heavy-steel construction including a rugged stainless steel fire pot, stainless steel side trays, stainless steel internal components and a thermal metal jacket for year-round cooking efficiency. The 5-inch rubber wheels will help you move your Grilla when you need to, and are rugged enough to last.
The Grilla’s EZ Fuel Change Out allows you to quickly and easily switch the variety of pellets you’re cooking with for different flavor profiles. The “no-mess” cord storage eliminates tangles and keeps cords tucked away and out of your way. The fully enclosed fan and auger motor have a maintenance panel in the rear to allow easy access to the auger motor and fan if and when you need to take a look at those. The fire pot and igniter are simple to remove which makes for easy, fast cleanup.Construction features:
- Rock-solid, heavy-steel construction
- Rugged steel fire pot
- EZ Fuel Change Out to switch wood pellets easily for different flavor profiles
- Stainless steel side trays
- Viewing glass for a quick and easy flame check
- “No-mess” cord storage eliminates tangles and keeps cords tucked away
- 5-in. rubber wheels
- Fully enclosed fan and auger motor with maintenance panel in the rear to allow easy access to the auger motor and fan
- Stainless steel internal components
- Double Wall Thermal Metal Jacket for year around efficiency
High-Temperature Safety Shutdown
- If unit exceeds 615°F, shutdown is initiated and an error message will be displayed.
Low-Temperature Safety Shutdown
- If unit drops below 150°F for an extended period of time, shutdown is initiated and an error message will be displayed.
When your Grilla Alpha Connect arrives on your doorstep you won’t spend hours putting it together. Just attach the trays, plug it in, and load it up with your favorite wood pellet fuel.
Fire Pot and Igniter remove easily for quick cleaning.
- Just put trays on, plug in, and load with your favorite wood pellet fuel.
The Grilla is powered by an American standard household three-prong outlet: 120 Volt 50/60hz.
Dimensions & Weight of the Grilla Wood Pellet Smoker Grill
- Height: 44 in.
- Width: 31.5 in.
- Depth: 29.5 in.
- Weight: 145 lbs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get replacement parts for the Grilla?
Replacement parts for the Grilla can be purchased here.
Can I sear with the Grilla?
Yes! Simply crank up your heat to 450° towards the end of you cook. For those extremely defined grill marks, we also offer custom Grill Grates customized specifically for the Grill.
How do I season my Grilla?
Before you get to smoking, it’s important to season your Grilla. This process will remove any manufacturing oils left on the grill. Run your grill for 45 minutes at 450°, then you can either shut it off, or start smoking. Refer to the manual or this video for additional instructions.
Do I have to buy a specific brand of pellets to use with the Grilla?
Nope! Any food grade wood pellet will work in these units. That being said, we do recommend using quality hardwood fuel as opposed to alder wood (which tends to burn a lot faster). We provide plenty of information on how to find and use wood pellets here.
Are there different cook times for items on the rack extension?
Different cook times are not needed. One of the awesome features of these grills is that they are built for convection-style cooking. This means heat is evenly dispersed throughout the grill, so all of your food will receive the same amount of heat, thus, no need to extend cook times. Check out how much food you can actually cook with the added rack extension here.
How long does it take the Grilla to heat up to temperature?
About 15 minutes. Once you turn the power on, you have plenty of time to head back inside and prep your food, by the time you return, your grill should be just about at the temperature that you set.
How many cooks can I get with a full hopper?
At an average cooking temperature of 250°, pellets burn at about a pound an hour. Overall a hopper holds 20 lbs. of pellets and will cook for 10-20 hours.
Will the Grilla maintain cooking temperatures in cold weather?
You bet! The Silverbac, Grilla and Chimp are all equipped with a double wall Internal Steel Thermal Jacket. This heavy-duty design features a double wall 14 gauge steel liner for more efficient cooking when the temperature drops below 55° F: up to 33% more efficient than single wall pellet smokers (which most are by the way). That means you’re going to burn less fuel in cold weather, you don’t need thermal blankets and you have a full range of operating temperatures in any climate. No more messy smoky blanket storage because you’ve got the all season performance of grills that cost twice as much.
What’s the best wood pellet grill?
The best wood pellet grill should have an excellent range of features and a reasonable price. The Silverbac, Grilla and Chimp offer an unmatched level of construction and technology at a price point that won’t break the bank. From stainless steel construction (where it counts) to the game changing WiFi enabled Alpha Connect controller, you won’t find a better pellet grill for the price.
Are wood pellet grills healthy?
This is a deeper question than it might appear at first, but on one level, choosing to cook foods on a wood pellet grill will generally provide a lower calorie, lower fat option than say pan frying or deep frying that same food.
How do wood pellet grills work?
Pellet grills work off of electricity, so they need an outlet to supply their power. That electricity allows the grill to move pellets into the hopper and funnel them down to a firepot using a rotating auger and motor. Once the pellets hit the firepot an igniter rod sparks a flame and smoke is produced. The electricity powers a fan that blows that smoke and heat upwards which then provides smoky, convection cooking throughout the grill. All of this is taken care of by your Alpha Connect controller, so you don’t have to worry about anything but eating!