- Bell tent is a human shelter for inhabiting, traveling or leisure. The design is a simple structure, supported by a single central pole, covered with cotton canvas. The stability of the tent is reinforced with tension by guy ropes connected around the top of the walls and being held down by pegs around the circumference to the ground. It has a circular floor plan.
- Material: the upper cover is made of 285gsm beige cotton canvas with PU coating, waterproof index 3000mm. The seams are sealed. The lower ground sheet is made of heavy duty 540gsm PVC floor in khaki color, waterproof index 5000mm. The central pole is diameter 38mm x thickness 2mm galvanized steel tube. The door pole is diameter 19mm x thickness 1mm galvanized steel tube. The tent comes with stakes and guy lines which are durable and anti UV.
- Good ventilation: there are four ventilation holes on the top of the tent. For the 3m and 4m bell tent, there are four semicircular windows. While for the 5m and 6m tent, it is four rectangle windows. All door and windows are mesh screen with zipped canvas flap.
- Removable ground sheet: the PVC floor is connected to the upper cover via zippers. And it is totally detachable. Meanwhile there are toggles and loops to hold if you roll up the side walls.
- Leaking: 1. there is one little plastic cap for the metal spike of the door pole. Please kindly use it to cover the eyelet on the canvas to avoid the water leaking in. 2. The zipper is not watertight. Please kindly use the cloth to cover the zipper to avoid the water leakage from zipper, especially in heavy rainy days. 3. The first time canvas is wet it may leak, then it will shrink slightly and this should not occur again.
Height of central pole: 2m high for diameter 3m tent, 2.5m high for diameter 4m tent, 3m high for diameter 5m tent and 3.5m high for diameter 6m tent. The central pole has a ring that you can hang the light. It is all a personal choice what size you go for, but as a general rule: If regularly accommodate 1 or 2 twin size mattress, a 3 meter is fine. (Please kindly note 3 meter tent cannot accommodate double size mattress) If regularly sleeping 2~3 people, and occasionally four, a 4 meter will be fine. If regularly sleeping 4+ people, or if you are planning on going on extended week long camping trips where set up time/carry weight is not such an issue, a 5 meter is better suited as it gives you that extra room. If regularly sleeping 4 people, both 4 meter and 5 meter are fine. However, on balance a 5 meter may be better suited as I would suggest that having slightly more space than you need is not a bad situation to be in. Windproof grade: the tent can be against 6 degree wind i.e. 30 miles/hours. It is not advisable to use the tent if the windstorm is heavier than 6 degrees. Maintenance: keep the tent clean and in bone-dry conditions when store it. Lifespan: The lifespan of your bell tent is very dependent upon the camping conditions and the way you look after. Air pollution, ultraviolet radiation, natural and domestic dirt, all limit the lifespan of your bell tent. In short, if you look after your tent it will look after you for many years of camping.